Tuesday 24 March 2015

A Day at Gould Lake



Last week, our class went on a fabulous field trip to Gould Lake. We looked at maps, did a scavenger hunt, went on a hike, and camped out… It was awesome!
Ms. de Groot gave us instructions to think of two moments that we had at Gould Lake and write a narrative about them. I chose during the scavenger hunt and when we camped out. They were my two favourites.
Here are my two favourite moments:
During The Scavenger Hunt
“Go!” yelled one of the leaders of Gould Lake. So, as we started running in a random direction, I suggested, “Why don’t we go up that hill?” “Ok,” replied Nick while looking at the map. “It looks like there’s one up there anyway.”
So, we finally made it up the hill, and guess what? There was one! “Number two, here we go!” said Nick excitedly.
One Hour Later
“I’m exhausted,” I panted to the others. “So am I,” they all agreed at the same time. “Look on the bright side guys… We just got our nineth one.” Nick sighed. “Now let’s go get our tenth.”
Five Minutes Later
Hoooooooooooooooonk went the air horn which sounded the ending. “We were so close to getting the tenth one,” we all complained. “At least we get to eat.” I replied happily.
The Refreshing Time At Campout
As I was chewing on a delicious piece of steak, I heard the marvelous birds chirping and the sound of overjoyed people mumbling to their friends.
“Hey Nick,” I said after a gulp of slushie, “Don’t you think this is the best field trip ever?” “Yes!!!” Nick said excitedly over a mouthful of salad. “I can’t wait to see what we do next!” “My hands are cold,” complained Ben while he was on his way to the fire. “Am I allowed to go and see my friends?” asked Cole. “Sure,” replied Sheila (Nick J’s mom). “Let’s cook some Doritos!” said Ben while he was warming his hands. “What?” asked Sheila. “Let’s cook some Doritos!” Ben said again. “Cole said it was good.” “Ok,” Sheila replied, confused. So, we ended up cooking the Doritos and they were pretty good… They tasted the same, just hot and smoked.
Ten minutes later
“I wonder what we’re doing next?” I said as I was packing up. “I hope we’re going back.” Ben replied. “Let’s go hiking!” shouted the leaders of Gould Lake. “I guess that’s what we’re doing,” sighed Nick.
By: Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment