Monday 24 November 2014

Smokey




Fast and bumpy.That's what it feels like to ride Smokey. Smokey is a lesson horse at under the cross stable. Smokey is so fast and bumpy that I was scared that I was going to fall off. I was afraid to canter on Smokey. Every Wednesday evening we go to under the cross to ride horses. It's fun, but one night when Beth said I would be riding Smokey and that we may canter I was scared to canter on Smokey.

 I was fearful of falling off and breaking bones. Beth said, I'm going to help you. I'm going to get a lunge line. Smokey won't go as fast then. When you get used to his canter you can try to canter all by yourself. Is that okay with you Mikhayla?" I said, " yes that's fine with me."

I tried to canter but Smokey was too fast. After some practice with the lunge line I got used to Smokey's canter. Then I tried all by myself. I can't believe that I cantered on Smokey. I was proud of myself I overcame my fear, I wasn't scared to canter on Smokey anymore. Beth was proud of me to I thanked her so much for helping me canter and Smokey. I can do it all by myself now! 

By: Mikhayla


No comments:

Post a Comment